Deep Creek Lake area? If your plans for 2012 include buying a home, or making another major purchase, you'll want your credit report to be in the best possible shape.
There are several reasons for staying on top of your credit these days. First of all, good credit gives you the best possible interest rates on mortgages and car loans, which can save you considerable money. Your credit may also be reviewed when you apply for a new job, or shop around for insurance. Also, it pays to watch your credit report to protect yourself against misuse of your personal information.
At Coldwell Banker Deep Creek Realty, we have a few tips about credit we'd like to share:
1. You are entitled to one free credit report each year, and you can obtain it at annualcreditreport.com. This is the official industry website designated for this purpose. Beware of copycat sites that will demand a fee.
2. Check your credit history for errors. Compare dates and balances, and keep an eye out for any unfamiliar lines of credit. Identity theft can hit anyone and it pays to be vigilant.
3. If you find an error, file a dispute directly with the credit bureau. You may need to provide proof of payment or other facts to support your dispute. The credit bureau will then investigate the issue with the creditor who reported it. They will flag the disputed item during this process. The research can take a few weeks! If the bureau rules in your favor, they will remove or correct the item accordingly.
4. Your credit score is offered separately by MyFico.com. A fee may apply to obtain your score. However, the website has useful tips about credit scores, and the free information is worth the visit.
5. If you need help getting debt under control, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling can refer you to an approved counselor in your area. Avoid Internet advertisements that promise quick solutions to bad credit! There are no magic potions, and you could be caught in a scam.
If you have been wanting to buy a Deep Creek Lake home, we're hoping this information helps you with your mortgage pre-qualification. There are many beautiful homes on Deep Creek Lake at reasonable prices! If you are buying a home in the Deep Creek Lake area, let us help you. We have the market expertise and commitment to service that you can count on!
Whenever you are are buying or selling real estate, or you just have a few questions, contact us for friendly, professional assistance.